PDA

View Full Version : Kathie J. KQKS KS 107.5 FM morning show host water breaks live on air

Colorado Media Newsroom
July 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM
From All Access:

LINCOLN FINANCIAL Top 40/Rhythmic KQKS (KS1075)/DENVER morning co-host KATHIE J. and her morning partners LARRY ULIBARRI and KENDALL B. had quite a morning (7/10).
KATHIE J., in her 9th month of pregnancy, had her water break on the air.
KATHIE J and her husband, affectionately known to KS1075 listeners as 'MR. EFFICIENT', are expecting their first child.
You can check out the audio here.

more (http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/120153/commercial-break-no-water-break-on-ks1075?ref=rss)http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/allaccess/radio-news/~4/vGUIW9Zk6CE

Chase
July 10th, 2013, 11:40 AM
From KDVR Fox 31

DENVER — Plenty of women work right up to the last moment of their pregnancies in this day and age, but few of them have to share some the unpleasantness of those waning hours with an entire city.
Kathie J did just that Wednesday morning.
The co-host of Denver’s top-rated morning show on KS 107.5 sat by, powerless to stop her water from breaking as one of her fellow hosts, Kendall B, introduced a story. The show’s third and final host, Larry Ulibarri, wasted no time proving his gender.
“Oh my God, gross!” Ulibarri said. “That is so * Did you just pee?”
Soon after the initial moments of panic in the studio passed, Kathie explained her suspicion that her water just broke, and then turned back to her co-hosts, asking, “What do I do now?”
“Call your husband, for God’s sake!” Kendall B exclaimed.
RELATED: Watch the video above to hear the on-air interaction on KS 107.5
Kathie was helped out of the studio and on to Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, where she spoke via telephone around 10 a.m. on FOX31 Denver’s “Everyday” show, with Chris Parente and Melody Mendez.
“I’m in the room, I’m all hooked up and we’re just waiting for the arrival of Baby J,” Kathie said.
Explaining her due date was not until the coming Tuesday, Kathie said she was caught off guard when her water broke almost a week early.
“I was just going to keep working and working, and, oh my gosh, there it happened,” she said. “I felt like I was tinkling myself on-air. And that’s not normal.”
So when will the devoted radio host be back at work?
“Definitely next week I’ll be back,” Kathie joked. “Okay, maybe not. I’m going to take a few days off, but not too many. We’ll work it out.