PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Nasty going to KDHT 107.1 Jack FM Denver? Or is it an April Fools trick?

Rob
March 30th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Uncle Nasty to Variety Hits Max Media-owned KDHT 107.1 FM (Jack FM)? Or is it some kind of April Fools trick?

Former KBPI 106.7 FM personality Uncle Nasty posted on his Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/UncleNastyShow) today, "107.1 JACK FM could get a little NASTY on Monday...STAY TUNED TO 107.1!"

Chase
March 30th, 2013, 12:08 PM
I'm not sure. It sounds more like an April Fools trick.

Rob
March 31st, 2013, 01:59 PM
Jack FM's Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/JACKFMDenver) is also promoting Nasty...

Rob
April 1st, 2013, 05:23 PM
It turned out not to be an April Fools trick. Uncle Nasty (aka Greg Stone) has been on all day on KDHT 107.1 FM. But it is obviously voice tracked (recorded) and he isn't doing any song introductions. While listening today, I also noticed that KDHT really needs to work on their audio processing. It's terrible right now. Some songs are way low in volume, while others aren't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iJypqGNWhzA

radiodude
April 2nd, 2013, 04:20 AM
To make this very clear, Uncle Nasty is no joke, we all thought so on Fb at first, but after talking to the PD over there at KDHT, it turns out he used to work with Uncle Nasty at KBPI, and so he hired him to do mornings on Jack.
Now the joke was that he was able to change the web page and the fb page, along with the name to Nasty FM (as a JOKE!) Things well turn back to normal today and forever, but nasty is on 107.1 Jack FM forever! As I was told, he was hired to try to
raise the ratings for that poor station. So far all he has been doing is talking for about 1 minute and then going back into music. Yes his voice was on all day long to promote hiim and for a joke to. haa heee right?
That is the whole story behind UNcle Nasty being on at 107.1 Jack FM.

Rob
April 3rd, 2013, 12:24 AM
To make this very clear, Uncle Nasty is no joke, we all thought so on Fb at first, but after talking to the PD over there at KDHT, it turns out he used to work with Uncle Nasty at KBPI, and so he hired him to do mornings on Jack.
Now the joke was that he was able to change the web page and the fb page, along with the name to Nasty FM (as a JOKE!) Things well turn back to normal today and forever, but nasty is on 107.1 Jack FM forever! As I was told, he was hired to try to
raise the ratings for that poor station. So far all he has been doing is talking for about 1 minute and then going back into music. Yes his voice was on all day long to promote hiim and for a joke to. haa heee right?
That is the whole story behind UNcle Nasty being on at 107.1 Jack FM.

Who is the PD of KDHT right now? Did you talk to him online or on the phone? Are they going to add more jocks? Will they be keeping the current format or going more rock since they have Nasty onboard?

radiodude
April 3rd, 2013, 03:21 AM
At the moment, I don't recall his name, and Jack is still going to be Jack there well not be a format change or a change in the music.
So far as he told me (when I called him up), Nasty well be the only Jock there, and besides, I am not 100% convince that he is actaully in the studio, since it sounds like to me that he is lending his voice and just doing a voice track for some
reason? If he was actually in the studio, he would have answered my emails to him by now, and he has not.

spikey
April 3rd, 2013, 10:43 PM
Wait... they have a PD over there now? I thought they threw a dart at the wheel of formats every so often.
yeah, the audio is the worst in the market.