12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 88

0 members and 88 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,611
Threads: 25,642
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,680)
Welcome to our newest member, Noname

Visitor Map

Default Radio Remembers Gary 'DJ Rax' Shelton

From Radio Insight:

Cumulus Media Savannah GA Operations Manager Gary ‘DJ Rax’ Sheton passed away on Wednesday, May 1 from unknown causes at the age of 49.
    Shelton joined Cumulus Savannah as Program Director of Adult R&B ?Magic 103.9? WTYB and PD/afternoon host of Hip Hop ?E93? WEAS-FM in 2018 and rose to cluster Operations Manager in January 2023. Also known as ‘GQ Riley’, he previously programmed Flinn Hip Hop ?Hot 107.1? KXHT Memphis and “102.3 Jamz” KBCE Alexandria, served as OM for URBan Radio Broadcasting’s properties in Mississippi, and has worked on-air at stations including KMJJ Shreveport and KKDA Dallas.
    Cumulus Savannah Regional VP/Market Manager Eric Mastel shared, “Today, with heavy hearts, we bid farewell to Gary Shelton, Operations Manager for Cumulus Savannah. Gary (DJ Rax) was a cherished member of our team and a beacon of our organization’s strength. His dedication, leadership, and unwavering commitment have left an indelible mark on Cumulus Savannah and the hearts of all who had the privilege to work alongside him. As we mourn his loss, we also celebrate the profound impact he has had on our collective journey. His legacy of excellence will continue to inspire us as we navigate forward, guided by the lessons learned and the spirit Gary infused into our workplace.?

The first person to ever put my lil rapping ass on radio, passed away. Since I was 16, GQ Riley (DJ Rax) was there for me, guiding, encouraging, making me laugh. I pray those looking up to me, feel the way I did about you. Thank you for everything, ever. Love you

more

Thread Information